Talk

Advanced search

Free counselling?

(6 Posts)
Brom29 Tue 18-Aug-20 10:20:32

Hello everyone
I have struggled and wrote on here before about my break up. I can’t come to terms with it and I’m embarrassed. He’s just gone public with someone new after 10 months and removed all trace with me. My confidence is gone and I feel repulsive.

I have been paying for counselling, but I just can’t afford it and need a cheaper form. I have just moved to a new area and therefore need to sign up with a doctor.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
AllInTentsWithPorpoises Tue 18-Aug-20 14:04:04

I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling. Please do sign up with your doctor and see if they can refer you for counselling. Maybe you could keep a journal to help sort through your thoughts and feelings and set yourself some slow self-care goals? Somewhere you can put things so they don't have to stay in your head quite so much (if that makes sense) and that you can refer back to and work through?
Good luck xx

Brom29 Tue 18-Aug-20 14:43:16

Thank you @AllInTentsWithPorpoises smile.
I have got an appointment with my counsellor today as I just feel it’s too much

Soblueithurts Tue 18-Aug-20 15:02:12

Hi again we were speaking on my other thread! Sorry if this is forward but if you wanted to PM me your number or email address we could speak to each other about how we’re feeling - because I feel as though I am boring everyone else in my life with my pain as they aren’t currently going through a breakup. I’m looking into counselling too but could only afford it twice a month which doesn’t seem like enough, I’m also going to try and use swimming as a form of therapy. What about reading some therapeutic memoirs from women who have been in similar situations? Have you read The Outrun by Amy Liptrot?

Brom29 Tue 18-Aug-20 17:01:08

Soblueithurts

Hi again we were speaking on my other thread! Sorry if this is forward but if you wanted to PM me your number or email address we could speak to each other about how we’re feeling - because I feel as though I am boring everyone else in my life with my pain as they aren’t currently going through a breakup. I’m looking into counselling too but could only afford it twice a month which doesn’t seem like enough, I’m also going to try and use swimming as a form of therapy. What about reading some therapeutic memoirs from women who have been in similar situations? Have you read The Outrun by Amy Liptrot?

I will message you x

Otter71 Wed 19-Aug-20 03:54:54

Do you work? Probably worth exploring any offering through occupational health or employee assistance? I got counselling free this way.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in