Advanced search

Husband refusing divorce

(7 Posts)
Worried1981 Tue 04-Aug-20 19:14:13

Please can I ask for some help . My DH is very verbally abusive and difficult . I have posted on here before and got some advice about his behaviour. He won’t agree to a separation and says he is ready for a war . We have two children and i have to take them away from this situation. I don’t know where to start . He will make things as difficult as possible . If i I start divorce proceedings I am scared of how he will react as I am afraid of his temper.
I am desperately trying to find a job but nothing around . My name is on the house . I feel so trapped as I am currently unemployed, I am scared he will try and get the children full time and he will be able to afford a good lawyer . Has anyone been in a similar position ?

OP’s posts: |
TeeBee Fri 07-Aug-20 19:00:12

Who is currently the primary carer? Is that you?

damnthisvirusandmarriage Fri 07-Aug-20 21:52:37

Call police and women’s aid next time he kicks off. Get police right remove him and change the locks. Stay there with your child. Call m police Every time he comes over. Get on universal credit.

You can do it. I did it in May x

as you’ve been a victim of domestic abuse yin should qualify for legal aid. X

Worried1981 Sat 08-Aug-20 19:12:37

Thank you both. I am the primary carer as he works long hours . I have a free call with a solicitor soon so I need to maximise the time . Will she just ask about reason for divorce etc ?

OP’s posts: |
Anordinarymum Sat 08-Aug-20 19:18:21

He's already got you scared with his behaviour. This is what impotent people do - they try to frighten you so you do nothing, but really - do you and your children deserve to live like this? ...And... if you stay with him, do you look forward to growing old with him ??

See your solicitor and then decide what to do. Your husband does not hold all the cards here.

MooseBeTimeForSummer Sat 08-Aug-20 19:28:38

He doesn’t have to agree. Neat thing to do is arrange for him to be personally served with the papers. The process server will then file a statement with the Court. Even if he won’t sign anything you have your proof that he has been served and the divorce will go ahead regardless.

Worried1981 Sat 08-Aug-20 20:12:33

Thank you for your help. I do feel scared but I am determined to do it . I don’t want my children to grow up with an anger problem, I hope they understand when they are older why I had to do this . Does anyone know how much the legal cost will be ? I am making an appointment with my gp next week so I can get some help with anxiety and staying strong throughout the process . Thanks again .

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in