Talk

Advanced search

Grounds for divorce

(3 Posts)
Estherpologist Sat 01-Aug-20 07:32:08

Do things like grounds for divorce become public information? Will my ex's friends and family be able to see what is being claimed?

And Ive read that your reasons have to be about to something from the last 6 months. Is that right and does it apply to all your reasons? So if they've stopped drinking but still are sleeping in the spare room and still dont help around the house, is that still enough?

OP’s posts: |
RedRumTheHorse Sat 01-Aug-20 11:12:28

Do things like grounds for divorce become public information?
Nope. Only the Court and your legal representatives know.

Will my ex's friends and family be able to see what is being claimed?
Only if he shows them because he needs help from one of them. He is more likely to tell them and lie because it will make him seem a wanker.

I know different people's confidential legal information and some people know mine. I don't go around broadcasting it and neither do they, even spouses/partners don't get told.

You can actually put a confidentially clause in your divorce settlement preventing him telling others but if you do so he's more likely to deliberately tell some people before he signs it.

And I've read that your reasons have to be about to something from the last 6 months. Is that right and does it apply to all your reasons?And I've read that your reasons have to be about to something from the last 6 months. Is that right and does it apply to all your reasons?
Yes. There was have been a few threads on here recently with how to write your grounds for unreasonable behaviour and you can also use the site wikivorce. Use google to search for them if you can't find them on the site.

Estherpologist Sat 01-Aug-20 18:44:07

What happens if you're reluctant to sign a confidentiality agreement? I'm happy for it all to be public as it means I can't be made out to be the baddie.

Thanks for reasonable ground advice. I need to figure out how to legally phrase "unrepentant control freak".

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in