Talk

Advanced search

Late Form E

(4 Posts)
catkins22 Sun 19-Jul-20 14:06:58

My ex is over 2 weeks late filing form E and his solicitor ignored my email about it. I sent mine to the court on time.

I have emailed the court. Should I still file the chronology, questionnaire and statement of issues? Although there won't be much to say in the questionnaire, just I haven't received the form e.

My ex loves money more than anythng. He owns property but sent an email to me a few months ago saying that it is shared with his family. They live in another country and sadly live on the breadline.

Could a solicitor refuse to sign off a form e if it is clearly dodgy?

OP’s posts: |
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sun 19-Jul-20 17:32:58

The solicitor doesn't have to sign off a form e. He just passes it on.

Presumably your ex husband can evidence who owns the properties - everything has to be evidenced, you can't just say stuff.

Even if it is shared with his family, you'll still be entitled to a portion of the bit he owns

catkins22 Sun 19-Jul-20 18:43:36

I think the evidence issue is his problem, which is why he won't file form e. Maybe he did transfer shares but I would expect it to be within the last 3 years so clearly disposing of assets.

OP’s posts: |
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sun 19-Jul-20 19:01:06

you can go to court and force him to complete his Form E. The judge will order him to.

You can't really do anything till then. A tip from me. Don't bother with solicitors or mediators. Just go straight to a court financial hearing. This man won't be fair. The judge will. You don't need a solicitor its just a process that needs to be followed.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in