Talk

Advanced search

Loneliness

(6 Posts)
Badcook77 Fri 17-Jul-20 19:06:56

Hello all......how on earth do you go about making new friends after divorce. My child free time is just so lonely....the people I thought I could count on haven't really come through....I'm worried that I'm getting very down...I feel so flat. sad

OP’s posts: |
Bigpooh13 Fri 17-Jul-20 19:10:41

I'm in same position. But I've found new friends from places I wouldn't have expected like on here.

Mutual friends go. And I didnt want to hear thru them what he is doing so had to shut them out.

It's not easy and I'm not very sociable.

But just talk to people. Lockdown hasnt helped. I never thought I wud be making friends at my age but iam

damnthisvirusandmarriage Sat 18-Jul-20 14:42:13

Probably not the healthiest of options, but I downloaded Tinder. Boom. Someone to chat tk every night. Once you filtered through the pervs that is x

BraverThanYouBel1eve Sat 18-Jul-20 21:50:51

Hobbies, sport, crafts, community events of any kind, helping others, volunteering. I'm at the early stages of divorce so not thinking about this myself yet but that's what comes to mind.

iamthrough Sun 19-Jul-20 10:22:04

With current lockdown it's going to be tricky OP as a lot of the usual suggestions aren't currently viable.... Like "Meet Ups" and community groups etc. Try and find things to fill your time alone so that your child free time passes quickly. Also second the above suggestion of Tinder. With online dating there's always someone to chat to. If you use Bumble there's an option to join to meet friends rather than dates. Try it - you've nothing to loose.

hustler2020 Mon 20-Jul-20 09:48:49

im in the same situation so any help is appreciated
maybe we could help each other
@Bigpooh13 you mention you made friends on here how do you private message people?
don't want come across as stalky

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in