Advanced search

Can I use a family members address?

(3 Posts)
marmite92 Mon 06-Jul-20 21:33:16

My ex is filing for divorce against me which I'm very happy for him to do. It will be very simple, no kids or assetts. But I'm moving and don't want him to have my new address. We are doing it ourselves without solicitors (apart from clean break order) so just wondering am I able to tell him to use a family members address on the form (which he already knows) or does it have to legally be where you currently live?

OP’s posts: |
LR33 Mon 06-Jul-20 21:40:09

I used a family members address as I live in Spain and it had to be a UK address. All divorce paperwork was emailed to me, and the court papers were sent to my family members address.

marmite92 Mon 06-Jul-20 22:29:50

Ahh that's so useful to know thank you! Can I ask what was emailed to you, I thought it was just the papers that were received from the petitioner and I have to respond? Also did you have to indicate anywhere that that was not your permanent address?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in