Talk

Advanced search

A**hole ex

(7 Posts)
Mommabear6cubs Mon 18-May-20 01:29:57

Long story short, I separated from my husband of 16 years almost a year ago. It was my decision as I had reached my limit with the lies over the years. We tried to work through things but it didn’t happen. Since we split he has constantly questioned me about where I am, who I’ve spoken to etc, if he sees me about and I’m talking to any other male (he will always know the person) he is on the phone almost accusing me of sleeping with or fancying said person. The last time this happened was about 2 weeks ago
Roll on to a few days ago and my daughter sees him sending messages to another woman and gets really upset, he explains a little to her about it and he then sends me a message to tell me he’s met someone on a dating site a few weeks ago and he has visited her but expects me to believe he’s meeting up with her but keeping the 2 metre distance which I find very hard to believe, who tries to start a relationship during lockdown 🙄
Anyway my issue is he’s been sending her flowers and gifts but doesn’t pay anything towards his children, he has never even asked if they need anything because he only ever does something if it benefits him
I am so angry with the way he’s treating all of us but especially the kids, shouldn’t they be his priority?
I really feel like making his life an absolute misery and hope that the kids see for themselves that he’s doing nothing to support them but I know being petty isn’t the answer
I don’t know maybe I just needed to rant about this 🤷🏼‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
SoloMummy Mon 18-May-20 06:30:24

Just made a claim for the maintenance via cms. Avoid him.

If he's not abiding by the social distancing, then I'd review contact.

Sally2791 Mon 18-May-20 06:35:42

CMS for maintenance and don’t let him in your head space. I ignore mine completely and it gives me peace of mind

iamthrough Mon 18-May-20 09:19:58

He's your EX husband. What he spends his money on and who he tries to date is none of your business. Likewise if he asks what you've been doing or who your meeting - tell him to mind his own business.
Meeting people during lockdown may be a very emotive issue, especially if you feel its putting your children at risk but in reality I'm not sure what you can do about it in these times.
Concentrate on making your own life as good as you possibly can and eventually what he is up too will be of no interest to you.

Mommabear6cubs Mon 18-May-20 11:16:54

@iamthrough you’re right he can spend his money on who he wants but when I have to see him and hear him go on about not having any money and how he’s struggling then yes it’s going to piss me off, he has come across as being so hard up for money that I’ve often bought food for him so he can have a fridge full when the kids are with him and he’s not going hungry, something I won’t do again
If he was meeting up with someone at any other time it wouldn’t be an issue but if I think my children are being put at risk then it’s a very big problem for me

Annaminna Mon 18-May-20 17:13:02

Cms and ignore him outside of legal messages. You are separated. You'll get the money you legally should and nothing else should be a topic of discussion.
If you bought some food than you proved that you have more money you need. You can even provide for his house. I can understand why he believes that he doesn't need to give you any money. You clearly don't struggle.

Mommabear6cubs Mon 18-May-20 22:26:01

I bought some food because I wouldn’t see anyone go hungry, I do struggle but I can make cuts or miss a bill to help someone out especially if that person cannot feed my kids when they’re with him
I definitely do not have more money then I need and even if I did they are his children too

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in