Advanced search

Stressed by unfolding divorce

(8 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Fri 15-May-20 18:30:48

You really need to see a solicitor what you brought to the marriage is taken into account. As you were older when you meet and had assets before marriage their adjustments made for this. It is not absolute.
You can not afford not to have legal advice.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Fri 15-May-20 17:50:13

Yes he may be entitled to half the house.

What are the police doing about the theft/bank fraud?

KidsCatsWorkThatsIt Thu 14-May-20 19:56:20

Realistically OP I think that you need to see a solicitor. Dob't know how easy that is at the moment. Assume he is working and able to pay his rent? So why would you have to his home? Has he explained that to you?

Carla67 Thu 14-May-20 19:19:47

And he syphoned the money through paying his phone bill and credit card through my bank, using same companies I used so the bills looked like mine, which started the year we married.

OP’s posts: |
Carla67 Thu 14-May-20 19:18:12

Hi. I can prove some fraud although he disputes it. No children together although his son lived with us for 18 months.
He had a rented property when we met and is now settled in a rented property.

OP’s posts: |
TeenyFraeTroone Thu 14-May-20 18:30:10

Sorry to hear you are going through this, particularly in lockdown. Do you have children together? How has he managed to syphon(steal) money from your account? Was the with permission, or was there any fraud involved that you can prove?

millymollymoomoo Thu 14-May-20 08:24:44

Well you’re married in what will be considered a reasonable length given the cohabitation prior- so 10 years
He will be entitled to a share as it doesn't matter who paid for what- the house is joint and a marital asset. Do you also have a pension.?
Whether he would get 50% ( or more or less) will depend of lots of factors - as youve not had children it seems, and you can demonstrate lack of financial contribution from him with house coming from your previous one that could help in your case.
You need a solicitor.

Carla67 Wed 13-May-20 23:14:41

Can anyone offer any advice. I’m reeling. I met my husband 10 years ago today. He moved in with me a year later as he was renting and struggling to pay maintenance and rent. He seemed really nice. Six years ago we married. He was in and out of work due to irresponsible behaviour on his part. He made no significant financial contribution to our home. We sold my home and bought another one but again I paid a lot of the mortgage and bills. All the equity going into this house came from my property. I’ve also found that he was syphoning money from my account from the year we married.
He stopped contributing late last year and I just couldn’t cope and he left. Now it seems I’m likely to lose half of everything I’ve built up since I was 22. I’m now 52. He says he invested in the property, he didn’t. He’s also said that he intends to seek funding for a home from me. He’s robbed me blind. I’m so so stressed. Anyone got any experience around this

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in