Talk

Advanced search

Husband Ended Marriage!

(5 Posts)
CatLady4556 Tue 25-Feb-20 00:48:32

Hi all,
I know it’s late but I don’t really have anywhere else to turn at present. My husband has told me he wants to end our marriage tonight, reasons being is I’m too controlling (his words) in regards to the house, he takes it very personal when I throw something away that he doesn’t agree with, these are trivial things like bits of paper he's used and worn stuff like kitchen equipment etc, ie, I threw a marked and ready for the bin plastic bowl in the recycling bin and he took it out and I put it back and he said to me if I didn’t bring it in, it shows a lack of respect, he also takes things the wrong way, tonight I asked him if he could turn the grill plate on our hob down because oil was spitting all over the floor and he accused me of moaning and said it took me 28 seconds to come into the kitchen and moan, he accuses me of being in bad moods, when I’m tired and I feel like I’m treading on eggshells. The problem is I’m a full-time mum and housewife, so I’m not employed and have no income. Guessing he will keep the house, as he’ll be able to afford the mortgage but I have no idea where I’ll go and this is really concerning me, as I have three children. I have no family to stay with temporarily, as my parents are older and their small houses would not accommodate us. I don’t even have anyone to talk to, which is making it really hard for me.

Any advice in what my next steps will be?

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
abitlostandalwayshungry Tue 25-Feb-20 00:58:12

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.

to be honest, he sounds rather horrible and you say * I’m treading on eggshells* which really doesn't sound like you are in a happy healthy relationship. Do you feel this might be a good step for both of you?

Assuming the 3 kids are his then he would have to pay child maintenance for them and maintenance for you also.

Your next step is to see a solicitor asap / tomorrow to find out what you are entitled to financially.

katy1213 Tue 25-Feb-20 01:07:08

Sit tight in the house with the children and let him leave if he wants to.
Bet he won't, though. He just sounds like a whiner and moaner.
But do you really want to stay in this joyless marriage? I think you should start looking for a job and planning for a future without him. Leave him to hoard paper and plastic bowls and rummage through wastebins and whatever else gets his knickers in a twist.
I'd sooner eat lentils that I've earned myself than be beholden to a misery arse like this.

abitlostandalwayshungry Tue 25-Feb-20 14:20:56

@CatLady4556 maybe ask MN to move this thread to relationships as there is more traffic?

Bartcat1981 Thu 27-Feb-20 10:58:17

I just wanted to reach out as my husband left me on Monday. I’m a stay at home mum with a 3 year old son. I can’t offer you any advice as it’s all new and raw for me but I wanted you to know that you are not alone. Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in