Advanced search

Reverting back to family name on baby's birth certificate

(3 Posts)
RainMinusBow Sun 16-Feb-20 14:27:46

I'm officially divorced (have been for a few years now) but have never got around to officially reverting back to my family name.

I'm now wanting to as due a baby with fiancé in May and want my family ("maiden") surname to be on our baby's birth certificate ie. not my married surname.

Reading around, I can draw up this deed poll certificate myself and, along with documents such as birth, marriage and divorce certificate, this will be enough to revert back to my family name.

Hoping DVLA, banks, doctors, register office etc with accept this?

Any advice really appreciated 😊

OP’s posts: |
yesterdaystotalsteps123 Sun 16-Feb-20 16:29:51

No you don't need to change it by deed poll as you have used the name before. Just change it on your bank account, driving licence etc. You are allowed to go by any name as long as it is not for criminal intent

RainMinusBow Mon 17-Feb-20 09:50:47

@yesterdaystotalsteps123 Thank you. So pleased I didn't use one of those deed poll companies that charges a small fortune!! Can't wait to get rid of my married name! 😆

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in