Talk

Advanced search

Did any one do something to celebrate?

(9 Posts)
Makemedoit Sun 26-Jan-20 20:26:01

After 3 years separation and attempts to divorce, I am finally nearly there. Has anyone done anything to celebrate the end? I felt sad when absolute came through but am over that and am now relieved that everything is finally nearly done and would like to mark it somehow but not sure how.

OP’s posts: |
Isnappedandsharted Sun 26-Jan-20 20:26:53

My friend got all the girls around and we had face packs, painted nails, ate etc.

Isnappedandsharted Sun 26-Jan-20 20:27:14

P.s flowers xxx

Makemedoit Sun 26-Jan-20 20:39:18

Thanks.
I just finally feel as though I will be free after 20 years of feeling oppressed and it is a huge huge weight gone

OP’s posts: |
BatshitCrazyWoman Tue 28-Jan-20 16:11:29

I bought myself a ring😃 My 'freedom ring'.

Comeonmommy Tue 28-Jan-20 16:15:31

I went out with all my friends and had a divorce party - it was great fun smile

BercowsFlyingFlamingo Tue 28-Jan-20 16:33:28

I drank champagne with a friend. I celebrated my first year of being officially single with take away pizza and beer. It took 6 years to get my absolute. It felt weird to be honest but it was definitely something worth celebrating.

Otter71 Tue 28-Jan-20 18:20:16

Nisi was in court today. It's also my 49th birthday so planning a few drinks 🤣

pointythings Tue 28-Jan-20 21:47:25

DDs and I were planning a really nice meal out with just the three of us once decree absolute came through. Then he died 11 days before decree nisi was pronounced.

He was an alcoholic and as my DDs disclosed later, very emotionally abusive to them as soon as I wasn't there.

We now have a good life without him, but are still all recovering from the fallout. Maybe we will celebrate properly when we all have our mental health and equilibrium back.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in