Talk

Advanced search

post 18 support

(6 Posts)
srr76 Tue 14-Jan-20 10:57:29

I am in the middle of the mediation process and we are trying to come to some sort of agreement about supporting the kids post 18. It is a bit tricky because obviously we don't know what the kids will be doing but it is vvvv unlikely that they won't be at home or need support. Our draft agree has a vague statement about we will have a discussion in the future about how to support the children post 18. But I would like something a bit more concrete. Has anyone got any suggested text that we could put in. My nearly ex doesn't want open ended funding but wasn't keen on putting something in about support through full-time education because we don't know what the kids will be doing.

OP’s posts: |
Namechanger212333333333 Tue 14-Jan-20 11:00:28

But then post 18 you can both chose how you support the kids.
Ie pay them money if you choose, if uni pay halls if you want etc.

I personally if divorcing wouldn’t want anything in about post 18

gezzerboy Tue 14-Jan-20 15:29:23

I don't get why man divorcing would agree to payments to an Ex for kids post 18. At the age they can go to Uni and any monies for them if any should go to the son or daughter . They should be working or have Student loans to help with that kind of thing

srr76 Tue 14-Jan-20 15:51:21

responding to @gezzerboy - at 18 kids will probably be at home during holidays (which are extensive) and the mother won't be able to downsize so bills will be similar.

OP’s posts: |
gezzerboy Tue 14-Jan-20 16:05:57

Then those kids should get jobs when at home and 18 !! both mine do when they come back

Otter71 Wed 15-Jan-20 07:41:28

How old are they now? Anything to do with child maintenance can get varied after a year so unless at least one is now 17 it is irrelevant

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in