Talk

Advanced search

Coming off a mortgage and releasing equity, possible before consent order or divorce?

(8 Posts)
WanderingLost167 Mon 30-Dec-19 09:07:11

The plan is for my ex to buy my out of the family house and take me off the mortgage so I can buy my own property.

He's saying though that this will take months as it's not possible to do until the consent order and divorce are through.

Can it be done earlier so I don't need to rent?

OP’s posts: |
Otter71 Tue 31-Dec-19 11:47:51

We did. Wouldn't do without an official memorandum of understanding. It's not a massive problem if things are agreed and amicable but until the consent order is signed theoretically someone could change the amounts...

WanderingLost167 Tue 31-Dec-19 15:23:00

How do you get a memo of understanding?

OP’s posts: |
Otter71 Tue 31-Dec-19 16:23:08

We did ours through a mediator.

Ss770640 Tue 31-Dec-19 19:51:52

It will take months.

You need a official transfer title so it's his name only plus a financial setttlenent for divorce to proceed.

Welcome to divorce

L05t Sun 05-Jan-20 08:00:29

I managed to get mine without a mou and we did it officially through solicitors. It took about 8 weeks.

Changename5000 Sun 05-Jan-20 14:20:03

We did ours quite quickly

I left and we got three estate agents to value the house and took the middle one. He applied for a mortgage, a small bit was completed through a solicitor and cost me £50.

Money was released and I was taken off the mortgage.

The divorce is currently going through at the moment Started March 2019, but there was a block at the courts due to backlog.

VerySale Sat 11-Jan-20 18:10:06

I did this. I remortgaged and house is in my name only. Ex received a small lump sum. Divorce hasn't been finalised and I'm still waiting for the financial side to be sent to the court.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in