Talk

Advanced search

A year today

(7 Posts)
Bonkerz Sun 17-Nov-19 11:38:42

So a year ago today me and husband had a huge row and we decided to end our 16 year marriage.
He's still living in his sisters garage.
I'm in the house.
He sees the kids a few hours a week despite having open door access although he has taken them for 3 holidays this year.
Things are civil.
Kids are much happier. I fluctuate between being happy and being lonely.
I don't know what the future holds for me. I don't want to rock the boat with regards divorce talk. He pays mortgage so doesn't pay maintenance although in jan 2020 the mortgage is paid off. I dont know what the next step is.
I feel stagnant.

OP’s posts: |
unicornsarereal72 Sun 17-Nov-19 13:14:40

What do you want to happen. Once the mortgage is paid off does that put you in a position the house could be sold and you can set up on
Your own. How old are the children. Are they of an age they will be off soon and you can down size then?

Bonkerz Sun 17-Nov-19 13:26:58

Kids are 8/13/19 but elder two have autism so won't be leaving anytime soo.
I'm not bothered about divorce. I do want to secure the house for the kids though. Selling isn't an option really. The house needs a lot of work and isn't worth very much even done up. Certainly not enough to buy anywhere else.

Fairycake2 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:30:46

Could you get a mortgage / loan in order to buy your ex out of the house?

Bonkerz Wed 20-Nov-19 21:02:28

I can't get a mortgage. Self employed and unable to earn more. Our mortgage was tiny anyway (40k) and paid off. I offered to leave when we split but he said the kids should stay in the home.

unicornsarereal72 Thu 21-Nov-19 06:12:55

You could look into renting. Check what benefits you would be entitled too on the turn2us site and see what your options are. Will the older ones be off to uni?

unicornsarereal72 Thu 21-Nov-19 06:13:27

Sorry see the older ones have asd.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in