Talk

Advanced search

Divorce petition

(7 Posts)
Cakeandmorecake Wed 06-Nov-19 11:30:05

Just trying to decide if I should send my ex a copy of the divorce petition before I send it off to the court. Solicitor says best practice to but I don't have to as his behaviour is unreasonable.

Does anyone have any good / bad experiences of either ways please?

OP’s posts: |
oreomum Wed 06-Nov-19 11:46:41

Is the split amicable?

tisonlymeagain Wed 06-Nov-19 11:48:01

My DP didn't see his before it was sent to him by the court. Made no difference, he was over the moon to be getting divorced so would have gone with whatever it said.

Cakeandmorecake Wed 06-Nov-19 11:58:24

Thanks. Not amicable. I am divorcing due to his unreasonable behaviour that was so bad I left the family home with the children a few months ago.

Cakeandmorecake Wed 06-Nov-19 12:33:47

He has stated he will refuse to sign any documents sent by my solicitor.

SuperMeerkat Wed 06-Nov-19 12:36:16

Do everything by text. My husband’s ex-wife said she wouldn’t sign the Nisi. However, the Judge allowed the Nisi to proceed to an absolute because the text messages clearly showed acknowledgement of receipt of the papers. Had to pay an extra £50 though.

lovealab Wed 06-Nov-19 14:24:14

I wouldn't bother letting him read it beforehand if he's adamant he's not signing anything....if he refuses acknowledgement of the divorce petition, you can pay a process server to serve him and then you'll be able to proceed to Decree Nisi & onwards regardless......so sorry you felt the need to leave the family home because of his behaviour, I was close to leaving too except it was my home 1st, so just removed his front door key when he wasn't looking!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in