Talk

Advanced search

Amicable seperation advice please!

(3 Posts)
daniduckeroo Sat 28-Sep-19 09:28:15

Me and my partner of 10 years have decided to seperate. This is a joint amicable decision, there is no bad blood. We are like vrother and sister and get on very well. We have a son who is 3 years old, who has developmental delay and is awaiting an autism assessment. We live together but are not married. Im skint, in debt and work part time in a shop. I need help and advice on the affects on my boy, how to make it as smooth as possible for him, money, housing, seperating assets etc. I really dont know where to start.

How the hell do i go about this people? Please help. X

OP’s posts: |
alwaysmovingforwards Sat 28-Sep-19 11:53:23

The start point is you and your STBX need to sit down and work out a draft plan covering all aspects that has your child's interests at heart.

BrigidOShaughnessy Thu 03-Oct-19 07:17:48

Although it's amicable right now don't assume OH might not try to walk away or that he'll do the right thing. Get some legal advice to secure what's fair for you moving forward. I assume you'll be the main carer? You'll need support for a while until you sort your live and a job out and you need a plan for your son's educational and other needs.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in