Advanced search

Holidays with the kids after separation

(8 Posts)
Nearlytherenow123 Thu 01-Aug-19 12:07:10

Not sure if this is in the best place,
ExH and I are taking our DC away (separately) outside of the UK. At present we all share the same surname (ExH, I and DC).
Do we need anything from the other parent 'authorising' the holiday or similar?
Don't really want either holiday to be ruined for the DC by not being able to leave the UK or enter another country.

OP’s posts: |
VivaVegas Thu 01-Aug-19 14:06:08

I'm currently away with my DC for the second time this year alone after separation and haven't been asked for anything and haven't taken any letter of consent or anything.

Nearlytherenow123 Thu 01-Aug-19 16:32:08

I assume that as their mother, with same surname it wouldn't flag as such.
The DC are so looking forward to their holidays and I don't want anything to spoil it.

OP’s posts: |
Nearlytherenow123 Thu 01-Aug-19 16:47:36

aaaaahhhhh - just been looking into this - as we both have parental responsibility we both need each others consent and to take birth certificates with us to prove relationship........

OP’s posts: |
Knackeredmommy Thu 01-Aug-19 16:55:39

Both my ex and I have taken children away separately and have never been asked for anything

stucknoue Thu 01-Aug-19 16:59:20

In theory you need a letter of consent. To the EU there may not be an issue but my then 17 year old daughter and I were asked arriving in Canada! Luckily they took my DD's word that her dad was on the earlier flight

pikapikachu Thu 01-Aug-19 21:16:14

Some countries require it as standard. Ex and I have not needed to produce the letter that we've written for each other. (Europe)

SusieSusieSoo Fri 02-Aug-19 22:10:02

I've taken ds on holiday abroad for the last 4 years on my own & never been asked for anything

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in