Talk

Advanced search

Leaving my husband

(4 Posts)
rhowton Sun 21-Jul-19 18:24:16

Hi Mumsnet,

What do you think the best case scenario is for separating??

Found out husband was having an affair in Nov 18 (8 months ago), whilst I was pregnant.

We stayed together and he promised to change. We already have a now 22 month old so thought it would be better to try and keep my family together. We moved house to Worcester as we had planned too before I found out, and he said he wouldn't do it again. We have a 5 year mortgage with an £18,000 early payment calculation, if we sold right this very second.

Newborn is now 7 weeks old, and I have found out my husband has been messaging another girl (she's 22 🙄, he's 35) and deleting the messages. They work together.

What is the best case here?
I don't want to be with him as I now know he can never be trusted. What would you guys suggest?

I am fat, depressed, lowest of low self esteem, with two children under two, a brand new house with a large early moving charge. We are both ok financially.

Please help xxx

OP’s posts: |
birdonawire1 Sun 21-Jul-19 19:16:52

Distance yourself from him emotionally and start to rebuilt your self esteem ready to leave him. Maybe consult a solicitor to see what the financial side looks like. Join a gym, talk to friends, learn to think well of yourself again.

ValleysGirl72 Sun 21-Jul-19 23:22:52

I agree with visionaries, distance yourself emotionally from him. Concentrate on yourself and your beautiful babies. You are NOT fat, you've just had a baby. Don't forget, it took 9 months to grow that beautiful little bundle, you are a gorgeous young mum.

Do you have any family or friends who live near by? Maybe meet them for coffee and talk to them. Maybe your health visitor can help you and sign post you in the right direction for practical, emotional and psychological support.

Please try and think positive about yourself, he's not worth getting upset about.

You will get a load of support on here, keep your chin up. Xx

ValleysGirl72 Sun 21-Jul-19 23:24:27

birdonawire not visionaries

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in