Talk

Advanced search

Support for parents seperating with kids

(1 Post)
DorsetSeaAir Sun 21-Jul-19 01:28:31

Hi All,

As a man who was unexpectantly told my marriage was ending (with kids involved) it has really made me think.... what support is out there for those that find themselves in a similar situation?

Due to the nature of my work I spend a lot of time helping others go through change and this has massively helped me personally with the the very large unexpected curve ball that I and my family will be going through and the range of emotions attached to it. I have a reasonably good support network who are able to listen, challenge and check in on me, however I am conscious that not all people may not have that.

This experience has spurred me on and provided me a purpose around being there for others who find themselves in a similar situation. I think women would be more open for a supportive conversation (based on the job I do and the experience I have) but I'm really interested to get any thoughts or feedback. Other than friends or family who would you go to in times like this? Would you trust someone you don't know like me? Or would it help to hear an independant voice who is trained to listen without judgement?

This is not a business pitch (as I would do this in my own time with just good will) but I'm trying to get a feel so any thoughts or comments would be massively appreciated!

Many Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in