Advanced search

Guidance needed

(10 Posts)
Blueeyes91 Tue 09-Jul-19 12:28:16

I've been with my partner for 6 years. We are not married.
We own our flat equally.
We have a 15 month old. He is on the birth certificate.

I found out in December last year 2018 that he's been cheating on me our entire relationship.

I told him I was going to leave and he told me if I do I go alone. I lose my home and my child.

So I stayed. But I am miserable to the point where I've started counselling.

I have no support network of family and my friends are our friends. Our friends know all about his antics so I doubt they're in support of me either.

Feeling very loat. Scared. And don't know what to do.

OP’s posts: |
MarieG10 Tue 09-Jul-19 13:52:34

I think you know what you need to do. You can't stay with someone who has cheated the entire time of your relationship

How do you currently share care of your child. Don't be pushed around about it and seek some,advice

Blueeyes91 Tue 09-Jul-19 14:52:28

We live together so it's all pretty 50/50

OP’s posts: |
LemonTT Tue 09-Jul-19 14:59:20

The issue is about who does the primary parenting. For example are either of you staying at home to look after the child on a FT or a PT basis.
If in nursery who organises this and who does pick up and drop offs?

Blueeyes91 Tue 09-Jul-19 15:57:01

We both work Ft. She does nursery 3 days a week. I drop off. He picks up. We both work 1 day a week at home with her. As I said 50/50.

OP’s posts: |
Beansandcoffee Tue 09-Jul-19 16:00:42

He is talking rubbish. 50:50 care is popular now and your partner might fight for that. Otherwise every other weekend. Who ever is the higher earner will have to pay child maintenance and if the house split will start at 50:50 but if you are housing the kids it could be 60/40 split to you or even higher. Pensions and savings will be the same ie split. You might even get child tax credits and family benefit.

You need to see a solicitor for a one hour session to explain

2boysDad Tue 09-Jul-19 16:42:45

" Who ever is the higher earner will have to pay child maintenance "

No they don't. That's just plain wrong. If you share care 50/50 no-maintainence is payable by either parent.

My sympathies to the OP - what a horrible way to be treated.

Blueeyes91 Tue 09-Jul-19 17:28:36

Your sympathies to OP? To my partner?

OP’s posts: |
Otter71 Tue 09-Jul-19 22:01:30

OP = original poster..

ehann Thu 11-Jul-19 09:25:08

Can anyone help me fill out the form for Petition for Divorce, in County Court, Northern ireland, please?
Ive got the form downloaded but totally stuck.
Ive been separated over 5yrs, with no kids under 21 and no money/property issues.
The form doesnt make sense to me so, any help at all would be appreciated,

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in