Talk

Advanced search

I need some help understanding parental alienation

(8 Posts)
fumeyMcFumersson Sun 23-Jun-19 17:02:57

If one parent is gaslighting their child about events is that parental alienation? Especially if those events cast me in a really bad light.

My DC comes back from contact in a really bad mood and proceeds to tell me things that did not ever happen when me and ex were together. I don't want to say the for fear of being outed to my ex.

My ex is threatening court yet again to have contact increased.

OP’s posts: |
fumeyMcFumersson Sun 23-Jun-19 17:22:40

Also, when I'm confronted by my ds saying this stuff, what am I to do.

How do I explain it away as just lies as I'm getting very tired of this, to the point I'm considering breaking the contact order, so I don't have to hear this shit

fumeyMcFumersson Sun 23-Jun-19 17:52:04

Also ds is now shit scared because I called ex out and is terrified that I called the bastard out because of what will happen next time there's contact

PicsInRed Sun 23-Jun-19 19:01:24

Document it, in detail, in a diary with times and dates. Pass to your solicitor to include in any witness statements required in court and retain for yourself to recount to (then provide copy to) carcass.

PicsInRed Sun 23-Jun-19 19:02:14

*cafcass! 🤣 oh dear. You know what I mean.

Philhall Sun 08-Nov-20 21:46:51

If you check the cAfcass website resources for professionals they have a parental alienation pathway tool to he
P them asses whether there is parental alienation taking place. Well worth looking at

Meeeh Sun 08-Nov-20 22:00:33

I have the same problem. Write everything down and just calmly explain the facts to your ds.

Alys20 Mon 09-Nov-20 19:08:59

Yes it's parental alienation,my ex did the same. The DC work it out for themselves eventually but it ruins their childhood. It used to be called hostile parenting, my mother did similar and it destroyed our relationship.

As with nearly every other thread in the mn Divorce section, these are matters for solicitors, who can nip the problem in the bud before it becomes a long drawn-out epic that damages your DC.

Please get legal advice as a matter of priority, don't be intimidated by his threats and look after yourself.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in