Advanced search

Creative Form E

(13 Posts)
relaxed2atee Sun 12-May-19 19:21:41

I'm sure still is common story but my ex has been fairly creative on his Form E under-valving several of his properties and car etc.

I'm due in court next week....unrepresented....I have my list of questions including the valuations....he hasn't back these up with any evidence and with houses & cars its easy to get a ballpark figure on line for these values (plus I was marriage to him for 20 I know some of what prices he paid for them) but can I ask the Judge for proper/official valuations? (Or will that not be considered?)

OP’s posts: |
relaxed2atee Sun 12-May-19 19:22:47

Sorry for my terrible writing!

OP’s posts: |
wakeupsmelltheroses Sun 12-May-19 19:35:55

I could have written your post OP.

At the 11th hour stbx messaged me to try and settle out of court .

After long,long negotiations and both been let go from solicitors me no money left him incompetency by SOL.

We have written up and formalised an Consent Order which was agreeable by both of us .

3 weeks later it was rejected by the Judge so I am hopeful after they requested a form D81 to update financials it will go in my favour and I get more but who knows .

relaxed2atee Sun 12-May-19 20:11:12

Thanks for your reply wakeup .... I don't think my ex will try and settle out of court .... he's too self-righteous/entitled and will want 'his' day in court.

There is also a lot of missing documents that were supposed to be attached to the form E. Eg no pension CEV's (he has a few pensions) I'm pissed I exchanged Form E as I bloody filled mine out so diligently and he also hasn't filled in the Schedule of Needs ..... What can I do about this?
How can he be allowed to just give me 50% of the info asked for on the Form E? (He has a solicitor).

OP’s posts: |
Sally2791 Sun 12-May-19 20:12:22

Mine lied on his, but unless there is serious money involved it's very difficult to find someone who can prove it. Mine also claimed he had "debts"on a good salary and tiny mortgage. Not made to prove it. I put all the capital into the marriage and he boasted to friends that he was very happy with his settlement (while telling me that I was ripping him off)
So glad I am out and the lying arse has messed up his relationship with his children . To get back to your point,not sure what evidence he will need, but stand up for yourself in court

relaxed2atee Sun 12-May-19 20:15:04

Hopefully the Judge rejected yours wakeup because it wasn't fair to you? Aren't you better going to court un-represented?
I have read that Judges are fairly sympathetic to people who have represent themselves because of no money?

OP’s posts: |
wakeupsmelltheroses Sun 12-May-19 20:29:19

My stbx wanted to avoid court by any means possible .

It is a complicated situation as his mum is involved with the property.

I am also disabled and unable to work .

I am hopeful that as he earns a substantial amount per month with yearly bonus the judge has asked for more information .

There is no cetv report to be done however he is paying a lot per month for a pension/ savings off shore that matures when he is 65 he is 50 at present .

Oh and of course he now wants to be my best friend as the OW left him and he has lost everything and is having therapy my reply .... tough shit what goes around and all that

wakeupsmelltheroses Sun 12-May-19 20:31:25

ps I too diligently and obsessively filled out my form E with direct precision as I don't have alot to put on it lol and there was gaps in his !

Collaborate Mon 13-May-19 11:37:29

Go to court for the FDA armed with details of surveyors you propose to instruct to value the disputed properties. The court will order joint valuations at shared cost, but if you literally cannot afford that you'd have to say so to the judge.

relaxed2atee Tue 14-May-19 09:24:15

Thanks @collaborate.
Can I hire a financial investigator to find out the values of his pensions as he hasn't disclosed these?

OP’s posts: |
Ilovemylabrador Tue 14-May-19 09:30:25

Zoopla print outs for properties of a similar size and location with their ‘sold price’ at least 5 for the judge. Car prices can be obtained easily I online from a variety of different sources - try to get at least 3 etc Yes get the judge to order a full release such as a CETV of a pension. Mine told my solicitor he didn’t want to bother with the pensions 😂 in writing but was very very upset in court with my CETV for my pension which was worth about x100 of his and they were both taken out. He had no idea how good my pension scheme was.

Collaborate Tue 14-May-19 09:39:27

No need. You just ask the judge to order he gets them. Should be enough. Ask the court to order he sends form P

relaxed2atee Tue 14-May-19 15:29:32

Thanks a million for all your help everyone on this thread.
I am so stressed about this....I know my whole future could be determined by a judge who doesn't know how my ex has mis-represented a lot of this, which don't mean a lot individually, but add up to a (for me) potentially life-changing amount.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in