Advanced search

Changing routine

(7 Posts)
Kelly0983 Fri 03-May-19 16:44:16

Hi, if your ex partner doesn’t agree to your new proposed routine for your children (alternative weekends) after a year of negotiations would you put it in place anyway?

OP’s posts: |
SuperLoudPoppingAction Fri 03-May-19 16:47:10

What's the context? Is there a court order?

Herland Fri 03-May-19 16:48:30

What do you mean by "routine"? Does this include his contact time?

You can't just "put it in place". If you want to change things, and he doesn't agree, you need to apply for a court order. You can't dictate anything.

Kelly0983 Fri 03-May-19 17:41:14

No court order at present but his current access days are not working and After a year of negotiations, he still will not agree to what I propose. My daughter lives with me.

OP’s posts: |
SD1978 Fri 03-May-19 18:19:58

What's the current arrangement, and why do you feel it's not working? Have you arbitrarily decided to reduce the contact, and do you have any documented grounds to do so? What does he feel is in the best interests of the child, going forwards? What do you? You need to to start with mediation, as currently either one of you can change the arrangements, including him. Without more info, it seems u fair after a year you have decided it's not working when he believes it is

Herland Sat 04-May-19 00:01:12

Then no. It would be unreasonable of you to stop contact or change his days if he doesn't agree.

We're the negotiations done in mediation?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in