This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
1st stage done ✅(2 Posts)
So just called through to the divorce centre, sharing this information for those that are just starting out, paperwork was issued by solicitor 4/4/19 - I’m in the East Midlands but was advised that they are only dealing with electronic applications and paper ones being sent to bury st Edmunds. Petition issued yesterday also was successful in claim for help with fees so I’m well on my way. Giving myself 6 months for it all to be done from now so starting 2020 a free woman!
Also sharing this in terms of current workloads for bury st Edmunds
London & South East Divorce Unit Current Work Position
Last updated 26/04/19 at 10.10am
• We are currently processing petitions received on 08/04/19
• We are currently processing help with fees applications received on 26/04/19
• We are currently processing acknowledgements of service received on 09/04/19
• We are currently processing applications for decree nisi received on 10/04/19
• We are currently processing Applications received on 08/04/19
• We are currently processing correspondence including emails received on 13/03/19
• We are currently processing approved decree nisi applications considered on 21/03/19 and refused decree nisi applications considered on 21/03/19
• We are currently processing approved / refused orders made by a District Judge on 05/04/19
• We are currently processing Form As received on 08/04/19
• Consent Orders received on 22/02/19 are waiting to be considered by a District Judge
• Replies to Consent Order refusals that were received on 22/04/2019 waiting to be considered by a District Judge
• Consent Orders approved and refused by the District Judge on 05/04/19
• We are currently processing Decree Absolutes received on 26/04/19
Thank you, that's really useful in terms of what we can expect. I called them today as I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement of service to be processed which was sent on 15th March. Apparently it was sent to my solicitor on 16th April (I spoke to sols 2 days ago and it hadn't been received 🙄).
Please login first.