Advanced search

Help please

(3 Posts)
Fizzy72 Wed 17-Apr-19 09:32:55

I have been with my husband for 23 years and married for 3. We have 3 children together with the youngest aged 8. I have 2 older kids from a previous relationship.
Brief history is he has cheated on me on one occasion that he admitted to and that was just before we got married...I stupidly got scared I would lose him but in hindsight I didn't want to be alone. He's not a good dad, didn't spend time with any and was actually quite cruel to my eldest 2 which I feel guilty allowing to happen but he would get in a rage and not listen to me.
How can I leave? I have absolutely nothing...No money, family etc. I have been a sahm mum for the last couple of years due to having fibromyalgia which now I think is due to stress. I am a joint owner on the house so would get no help whatsoever. I feel stuck with no way out!

OP’s posts: |
stucknoue Wed 17-Apr-19 16:16:08

Use turn 2 us to calculate what benefits you qualify for, a trip to the council for housing advice maybe.

user1486131602 Wed 24-Apr-19 16:02:09

You do have a way out.
Since your mortgage is joint, you have a right to stay. As a SAHM you have invested time and money in the family relationship, you can get tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit and council tax help and ESA or sick benefit from the DWP. You can apply for legal aid for the divorce procedure and ask to remain in your home or ask for a greater share than 50/50. Be strong, don't let him do the driving! Start with the DWP and that will open the doors for the others! Let him find out the hard way that you are not trapped in his nightmare, good luck xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in