Talk

Advanced search

Divorcing in Scotland -can someone walk.methrough the process please.

(3 Posts)
Y0ubetterwerk Sun 14-Apr-19 16:57:29

Hi

Ex and I have been separated for two and a half years. In that time, we sold our home and split all finances 50/50. We no longer have any shared financial assets and while I should have received more, I'm fine with the way things are.

I'm now wanting to.formalise our separation. I'm wondering how I go about this as cheaply as possible as I simply don't have the money to pay for a lawyer.

Can anyone advise the steps I'd take considering the following:

1) we have ds (5) and ex pays in line with CSA recommendations. This will continue.
2) we have no joint financial assets. No shared credit cards. All savings were split 50/50 when we separated, therefore there is no financial settlement to be reached.
3) neither of us want each others pension.

We agree on the above and both just want the quickest and cheapest option.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can give some advice. I've looked around and I can't seem to find Info that suits as it tends to look at the divorce process to separate assets and we no longer have any! If we didn't have DS, we'd do the super quick one.

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
Isadora2007 Sun 14-Apr-19 16:59:48

I think you still need a legally binding separation agreement. Get a free hour and go from there?

Ss770640 Sat 07-Sep-19 16:10:56

Sounds like you have achieved everything amicably.

Simply speak to a lawyer to draft a seperation agreement. Sign it then file for divorce.

Lawyer will advise.

Simple

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in