Advanced search

Changed locks

(10 Posts)
Neverbroken Wed 10-Apr-19 19:46:08

My now ex partner changed the locks to a private flat I rent solely in my name. This has been logged with the police and I have a crime reference number. What can I do about this and how do I approach my estate agents?

OP’s posts: |
PicsInRed Wed 10-Apr-19 19:54:24

Do you have children together and do they live in the house with your ex partner?

Neverbroken Wed 10-Apr-19 20:21:23

I’m 12 weeks pregnant with his child he assaulted me today before he changed the locks which the police are also aware of

OP’s posts: |
trendingorange Sat 20-Apr-19 19:04:50

Can't you ask the estate agents to get a locksmith to replace the new locks?

Singlenotsingle Sat 20-Apr-19 19:08:26

It's probably a bit late to get in touch with the letting agents, and at an Easter weekend! He's a bastard isn't he? You could get emergency locksmiths out but it'll be expensive.

Aquamarine1029 Sat 20-Apr-19 19:12:23

Kick the door in. It's your door.

Longdistance Sat 20-Apr-19 19:14:51

If you are not married what he did was illegal. It’s got fuck all to do with him.

Singlenotsingle Sat 20-Apr-19 19:20:52

It's not her door Aqua. It belongs to the landlord. She could get done for criminal damage and she'd have to pay for a new door.

JaneEyre07 Sat 20-Apr-19 19:30:06

Sadly I'd say emergency locksmiths are your only bet here.

And explain to the Landlord if and when you need to.

Weenurse Sun 21-Apr-19 05:08:36

💐 emergency lock smith

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in