Talk

Advanced search

How did you get the courage to leave?

(5 Posts)
Soberloner Tue 19-Mar-19 09:18:55

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.
Been with oh 5yrs. 2dc and 1otw. I need to leave. He's not violent, he's just a bit controlling and I can't do it anymore. Its so hard because we are renting, everything in house we own. We've talked about separation and admittedly I feel bad about leaving because family are helping us out ATM.
He said he was going to leave and didn't because he believes if you have kids together you should stay together.
What if you are not happy?
I feel to just up and leave with DC but then how do I go about getting my belongings ect?
I'm mess atm

OP’s posts: |
Otter71 Tue 19-Mar-19 16:08:00

If you are already talking separation then it probably won't be a shock, I hope.
If you are renting that should be easier than if you had to sell a house. How you get your stuff depends on how you get the new place but preferably pack it yourself before you leave and negotiate who gets what...

EnoughAlready999 Wed 20-Mar-19 00:35:05

Renting is better than having a mortgage together like us. I stayed because I had similar worries and now I'm in a bigger house with another child and more stuff.

Can anyone help you move your stuff? Or can you move some out without him noticing?

Don't stay together just for the children. That's what I've done and it's not worth it. DD1 doesn't like or respect her dad. It might sound selfish but think of yourself - do you want to live with him? Would you want to if you didn't have children?

Good luck anyway xx

EnoughAlready999 Wed 20-Mar-19 00:36:35

Also contact WA for advice. I have as my DP sounds similar to yours - not violent but moody, unpredictable and just unpleasant to live with.

Soberloner Wed 20-Mar-19 10:59:05

Thankyou @Otter71 and @EnoughAlready999
It'll be so hard to move stuff without him noticing. I moved away from my home town where my friends and family were. We both did - for a cheaper life. But now I have no one really just a handful of people I've recently got in contact with

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in