Talk

Advanced search

Stay or go

(4 Posts)
Confusedone87 Thu 21-Feb-19 15:44:27

I have fallen out of love with my husband and no idea what to do. Im not happy. Hes a good man..a good father and he does care for me. But the feeling has just gone for me. I have tried but im tired now of pretending. We have a mortgage together and one child whos 6. Do i suck it up and accept this is my life now or end it and have a chance at happiness again?i am so confused.

OP’s posts: |
Needafriend2019 Thu 21-Feb-19 18:27:22

Not much advice I'm in a similar situation but I think living in unhappiness will lead to anger and resentment.

Palaver1 Fri 22-Feb-19 07:49:30

No for all your sakes do something
Counselling..I still believe despite my personal crap that marriages should be worked on if possible before throwing it away .If all doesn’t work at least you know you have tried.

westernchampion Sat 23-Feb-19 11:07:41

Hi confused one
My opinion is this; I think ultimately it depends what outcome you want. Councilling can and does work but if only one party wants it then it won't, as in my case, I would have but she wouldn't have. What's going to make you happy in the long term? some people stay together for the wrong reasons, like they don't think they could cope on their own or they wouldn't find anyone else. Even in the case of children they are happier in a happy household whether that's one parent at a time or both. True in my case anyway.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in