Talk

Advanced search

Fed Up With Wife and Her Family

(8 Posts)
Christian77 Sat 19-Jan-19 21:47:23

You know those moments in life when you get time to think and reflect on your life, on where you are and where you’re going?
I’ve had a day of this and have reached the conclusion that I REALLY resent everything my wife and her family stand for.
I’ve just booked myself into a hotel and will check in tomorrow morning for a couple of days of freedom and peace.
My phone will be turned off, much like myself.
And I don’t give a flying f**k!
Am I alone in feeling such contempt and disgust?
I feel strangely happy and liberated at this expression of my feelings!!

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Sat 19-Jan-19 23:20:27

Cool story bro.

Weenurse Sun 20-Jan-19 05:37:58

How long married?
What was the final nail in the coffin?
Enjoy your quiet time.

HawayMan Sun 20-Jan-19 05:59:10

Do you have kids?

Kikipost Sun 20-Jan-19 06:31:32

Can’t say whether congratulations is in order because no idea of what is your family situation and what values you speak of.

On paper though, it seems a somewhat pathetic, short sighted and cowardice way to behave. And that’s presuming you don’t have children. If you do, that an entirely different ball game

Christian77 Sun 20-Jan-19 09:04:00

No children.
No coward either.
Just reached the end of my tether and will move to change things.
You can only talk and try so much.

OP’s posts: |
WofflingOn Sun 20-Jan-19 09:13:09

Well, it’s hardly a rare situation to find yourself in. If it’s isn’t working, and you have no one else to consider but the pair of you, then split up.
But try and stay civil and calm about it, if you aren’t compatible, then sort stuff out and divorce like adults.

AugustRanger Sun 20-Jan-19 09:55:44

Good for you for expressing your feelings! My husband recently did this to me too. Different reasons I'm sure and he has huge mental issues. As his wife though I'm absolutely gutted and heartbroken. He also stated he doesn't give a fuck about me and our kids and just wants his "alone" time. If you don't think this is fixable with your wife then tell her. My partner has fucked me around doing this for years although this is the longest he's been gone. Its the last time he'll do it though and I'm starting divorce proceedings this week. If she's anything like me she'll be feeling pretty crushed and worried about you. I hope you get things sorted

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in