Talk

Advanced search

How do people generally get paid CM

(10 Posts)
NoMoreLimbo Mon 17-Dec-18 11:21:07

My ex OH and I will soon be under separate roofs. He will be due to pay CM I do hold my breath as I do fully expect him to attempt to get out of this
I am just wondering how the people out there that do receive this from an ex partner how do you get it? Once a week? Once a month? A month in arrears??? Which to me seems daft as I would always be going into the red waiting to be 'paid back' for what I had bought the DCs.

OP’s posts: |
GoldenMama Mon 17-Dec-18 22:43:33

Weekly or monthly on payday. Not in arrears.
If you go through the CSA it comes straights out of his pay-check and into your bank, but they charge a fee (mostly to the one paying) so worth trying to sort it between yourselves if you can.
Good luck brew

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 18-Dec-18 09:19:55

Arranged by CMS, but direct pay into to my bank account ( so no charges) at beginning of each month not in arrears.

Flower64 Wed 19-Dec-18 00:06:20

The CSA doesn’t exist anymore and have closed all claims, it’s now CMS and is always monthly in arrears even on direct pay arrangements

FinallyFree123456789 Wed 19-Dec-18 00:11:50

Monthly in arrears straight into my bank account from him by an amount stated by the CMS.

However - he has defaulted for 2 months - so he now gets charged by CMS to have it taken from his wages and they pass it over to me

NoMoreLimbo Wed 19-Dec-18 10:28:52

Thanks for your replies.

I just don't get the arrears thing....that means the person received the CM is always out of pocket hmm no?

Does anyone of you know anything about some form of assessment the 'receiving' parent can pay to have done by the CMS (?) in order to find out the 'paying' parents earnings for CM?

xzcvbnm Wed 19-Dec-18 11:16:05

HMRC share earnings information with CMS and it is that which is used to calculate payment - it's gross salary minus pension comtributions which is used to calculate payments.

NoMoreLimbo Wed 19-Dec-18 11:53:29

Thanks xzcvbnm.

How is that process started though? I think I have read somewhere that you can pay £20? to have the paying parents finances assessed?

With that also, if CMS looks at the gross annual salary my ex's bonuses etc will also be taken into consideration I guess and not just his monthly earnings....?

Avrannakern Wed 19-Dec-18 11:56:21

Just phone the CMS instead of asking on here. They will tell you everything you need to know and it will all be up to date information.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 19-Dec-18 14:00:21

The CMS do 'catch up' with them. ExH claimed to have no income so was assessed as not paying 5th April rolled round and the CMS caught up with him from his P60 being logged.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in