Advanced search

Abuse divorce questions can’t take much more

(11 Posts)
Emmab4233 Sat 08-Dec-18 21:27:21

I’ve been married 25 years my husband is violent and abusive. Last year I decided it was the end I filed for divorce he’s since then been violent and abusive to me and my 15 year old son. He has a non molestation order against him not worth paper it’s written in we live in the same house.

I lost my job last Dec things have take. It’s tole I’m having panic attack I can’t work I’m on benefits. I have no savings I’ve had to pawn jewellery he give me no money for my boys nothing. I have three children.

He pays the bills and some food for children I pay for some food and clothes for the boys My solicitor told me I do not have to pay the bills there is no legal requirement!

Is that right? Anyone know any differen?


OP’s posts: |
Emmab4233 Sat 08-Dec-18 23:41:54


OP’s posts: |
PurpleWithRed Sat 08-Dec-18 23:44:23

Have you agreed how you are going to separate, what happens to the house and so forth?

elephantoverthehill Sat 08-Dec-18 23:45:04

Hi, I'm here. I'm just trying to remember who you should contact. Someone will remind us soon.

elephantoverthehill Sat 08-Dec-18 23:48:25

Emmab has anything happened tonight that you are worried about?

elephantoverthehill Sat 08-Dec-18 23:50:26

Is your son ok? Are you ok?

elephantoverthehill Sat 08-Dec-18 23:57:58

Get in touch with Womens aid is my advice. Google it, I'm really sorry I am not good at links.

Emmab4233 Sun 09-Dec-18 00:40:31

Yes yes guys all is fine well it’s not but not urgent tonight the abuse has been going in for years. I didn’t say above it happened tonight did I ? The violence stopped a while back when non mol was put in place by court. My question was s trivial one in comparison to above info.

We all live under the same roof. Finances have not been agreed.court dat in feb! But in the meantime I’m not earning he’s ostimg everything my solicitor say that’s fine!

I don’t want the court to say I should if been I just pay for food and clothes for boys

OP’s posts: |
JugglingaBoxofFrogs Sun 09-Dec-18 07:44:53

If you have lost your job through no fault of your own, you can hardly be expected to contribute if you are both still living in the same house. It would be the same if you worked and he didn't - he would not be expected to contribute. This is a long marriage - who paid for what and when is of no interest to the court.

greenberet Sun 09-Dec-18 17:24:56

I also suggest you speak to Women’s Aid - your situation sounds intolerable - hoe old are your other two kids - the impact on them could be life long.

MissedTheBoatAgain Wed 12-Dec-18 07:13:31


Are there any relatives or friends you can stay with until things are sorted? It is a big thing to ask for, but in the circumstances I think it is worthwhile trying.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in