Talk

Advanced search

Is this still adultery?

(6 Posts)
definitelymaybe8 Mon 03-Dec-18 20:08:49

We have officially separated, still live together, but if my DH is having a relationship with another is this still classed as being adulterous or is he as he says not answerable to me any longer?

OP’s posts: |
Beeebop Mon 03-Dec-18 20:11:36

If you've separated I would say no but legally it is as you're still married.

waterSpider Mon 03-Dec-18 20:41:32

For legal purposes it would be adultery, though he'd have to admit it was happening for the divorce forms to show that [or you'd need undeniable evidence]. Has to be a sexual relationship, between a man and a woman, of course.

MissedTheBoatAgain Tue 04-Dec-18 00:25:13

Unless the Partner who is committing Adultery puts their hand up and admits it is hard to prove. Even if you had photos of them together and copies of hotel bookings it does not prove conclusively that Adultery took place even though it is a good bet as to what has happened.

Not sure in this case as OP is already officially separated, but if you live with someone for 6 months or more after the alleged adultery then it can be deemed as acceptance?

TweetieFruFru Tue 04-Dec-18 09:11:42

It doesn’t matter anyway. It makes no difference to the settlement. He can do whatever he wants and may well lie about you too. The law doesn’t care.

Grobag369 Tue 04-Dec-18 13:34:44

Legally is adultery yes

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in