Advanced search

What do I need to know? DH of 19 years leaving...what do I need to do to ensure I and DDs 17 & 14 are ok?

(10 Posts)
yogabird Mon 03-Dec-18 15:54:35

What do you wish you had known? Wish you had done?

OP’s posts: |
GremlinDolphin1 Mon 03-Dec-18 22:15:50

I don’t know but hoping someone wise will impart knowledge as I am in exactly the same situation! Xx

TweetieFruFru Tue 04-Dec-18 08:44:31

It depends on your circumstances. It’s not going to be easy.

wobytide Tue 04-Dec-18 11:34:34

I wish I'd known that every single case is completely individual to the circumstances and that asking for wooly information from the internet wasn't going to give the actual advice I needed but some very generic pointers.

1. Get as much information about yourself and your marriage in some logical order including details on the kids, your finances, your assets, your jobs, your circumstances, your expected needs
2. See a solicitor, or CAB or ring wikivorce depending on finances and the situations

mummmy2017 Tue 04-Dec-18 21:37:19

Grab as much cash as you can that means half savings as lots of the sods refuse to give you a penny the second they walk out.
My friend had no food, and tax credits take six weeks.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Tue 04-Dec-18 21:40:20

Grab as much cash as you can that means half savings as lots of the sods refuse to give you a penny the second they walk out.

You still have to declare it though.

A man would get slated for doing that.

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 04-Dec-18 21:43:40

Agree where the DDs will primarily live and how often they’ll have contact with the other parent. Contact CMS about child support. Do you both work?

MissedTheBoatAgain Wed 05-Dec-18 01:36:12


If you are struggling speak to a Solicitor about an MPS (Maintenance Pending Suit). These can be called at short notice and Courts have powers to make a temporary maintenance order to tide people over till final settlement is made.

mummmy2017 Wed 05-Dec-18 08:55:43

Why if you take your half of the savings is it wrong.
Watching your best friend starve and not hear her house when she lives next door and just telling her she was having dinner with you every night till the tax credits were sorted next month...
He took 10k out the day he went...
Not all men are nice.

TweetieFruFru Wed 05-Dec-18 09:24:20

The sensible thing is to have some savings of your own in the first place and then declare them on form E. Never depend on a man - they are not to be trusted.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in