Advanced search

Memorandum of Understanding

(4 Posts)
Cliff143 Fri 05-Oct-18 15:12:34

My husband and I have separated we have been to mediation and received a memorandum of understanding and a financial means document. I have started the divorce process online through HMRC as the petitioner and my husband has received the application and has signed and sent back the forms to court.

Please can someone advise me what I need to do with the memorandum of understanding document. I know that to make it legal it needs to be legalised by a solicitor.

My queries are:-

Does that document become Form E?
Can the memorandum of understanding be sent to the courts without a solicitor legalising it?
If I choose to legalise the memorandum of understanding does it become part of the clean break?
Is this costly through a solicitor or can it be done online through wikivorce?
Does anyone have any ideas on how much this will cost?

And suggestions and advice to some or all of my suggestions would be greatly received.

Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Fri 05-Oct-18 15:38:39

You need to take it to a solicitor who will advise on the merits of the deal, and then, if you both want to go ahead, draft the order and supporting documentation, and get it off to Court for sealing.

The solicitor will give you a quote for the cost.

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Fri 05-Oct-18 16:21:36

I'm no expert but it sounds like the minute of agreement we have in Scotland. I was quoted £1000 for person putting forward and 800 for ex spouse solicitor to check/agree.

Cliff143 Sat 06-Oct-18 13:03:12

Thank you for the advice MrsBertBibby and saltandvinegarcrisps1.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in