Talk

Advanced search

Legal residency query in custody battle - advice appreciated!

(6 Posts)
LaiaFG Thu 04-Oct-18 17:27:03

I've just lost custody of my 4 year old son who was born in London and lives in the UK with me. I moved to Jersey with my soon to be ex- husband when he was a baby because of his work, but left him due to Domestic Violence. He has now shockingly won sole residency and I have to move to Jersey if I want to see my son more regularly that every other weekend. Any lawyer recommendations would be helpful as we are resident in the UK and anyone with similar Jersey experiences or international residency orders that have been turned around in the UK. Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Itistimeandiamscared Thu 11-Oct-18 02:28:22

So sorry LaiaFG . I didn't want to read and run. Hopefully, this will bump it up and someone with useful advice will come along.
I can only offer ((huggsss)) and hope the nightmare for you ends soon. flowers

LaiaFG Thu 11-Oct-18 11:11:40

Thank you so much for your support and hugs! x

Itistimeandiamscared Thu 11-Oct-18 11:28:41

I can't imagine what you are going through. Keep posting here with updates... People will have advice to offer as they get a fuller picture.
All the best. I really hope you get the help you need and that it works out for you.
Where is your little boy now?

LaiaFG Thu 11-Oct-18 17:03:35

Thanks, we're here nor another week...xx

Morgan88 Thu 25-Oct-18 22:08:49

How did this happen?? I am going through a divorce and my husband has applied for residency. I believe he’s only applied for residency to carry on hurting me & retain as much of the assets as possible. He has a team of legal representation.. I am unrepresented. Seems how ever hard I try, I am never heard!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in