Advanced search

What to do?

(8 Posts)
bridezilla14 Tue 18-Sep-18 18:59:57

I have a house worth 180k, I put 20k down, and he 50k.
We have a 60k Mortgage.

He is offering 30k to buy me out, However, if we split the difference of the profits of the sale of the house. We both make 25k, meaning we both walk away with a nice profit.

However, he doesnt want to sell the house.

Also he has now moved the mortgage from out joint account to somewhere else, I thought this wouldnt be allowed considering it is a joint mortgage and joint bank account.

Can anyone tell me my options?

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Tue 18-Sep-18 19:01:27

A solicitor is what you need.

Flower64 Wed 19-Sep-18 14:51:01

Ask the bank how hes managed to do it without a signature from you as it could be fraud. Then get yourself a decent solicitor

waterSpider Thu 20-Sep-18 07:41:40

If you sell there is #120k equity. So half of that would be #60k.
If you return the deposits in cash terms (i.e. 20 to you 50 to him) that leaves 50k spare to split on top of that.
Some % division may have been agreed when you bought?

Anyway, sounds like the #30k offer looks lower than you should be considering.

Notbeingrobbed Thu 20-Sep-18 10:38:26

He invested more than double you. So maybe he should get a bigger share of the profits? Seems fair to me.

scammedohshit Thu 20-Sep-18 10:44:27

You should both get back what you put in plus half the equity at the time. Should you sell it would be minus he costs of selling

Notbeingrobbed Thu 20-Sep-18 11:23:42

But of course if you’re married then the courts view £20k and £50k as equal because it’s the marital pot. Strange maths they use.

LadyLapsang Sat 22-Sep-18 22:25:13

Are you married, do you have children, is the house owned jointly and did you have an agreement about the unequal deposits?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in