Advanced search

Holiday permission

(6 Posts)
Pinkpanthershow Wed 05-Sep-18 22:32:23

Does anyone know if I need to get permission from my husband to take our son on holiday to Scotland to visit my family? We live in England and I am not clear whether going on a short visit to Scotland counts as going ‘abroad’ as we are leaving England, or whether it is ok as it is in the UK. We are in the process of divorce/separation and he will make this hard for me if he can.My parents cannot visit my house as he is still living here, and will threaten them, and he would like to stop me taking our son away, in order to alienate me further.
No agreements in place yet as to future residence but he is pushing for 50:50 and I am not kee.

OP’s posts: |
PrincessWire Wed 05-Sep-18 22:34:46

Scotland is not "abroad" from England.

Pinkpanthershow Wed 05-Sep-18 22:36:19

I agree, but I am concerned that legally it is treated that way as outside jurisdiction of England and Wales. Hopefully not

OP’s posts: |
Ginger1982 Wed 05-Sep-18 22:42:03

No you don't need his permission. You wouldn't need his permission if you even wanted to move there but he could raise action to stop you.

MissedTheBoatAgain Thu 06-Sep-18 03:11:16

Scotland is not "abroad" from England

Might be after Brexit?

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 06-Sep-18 03:29:31

If you're simply taking a short holiday, Scotland doesn't count as "abroad". If you wanted to move here permanently, and doing so would make contact difficult for your ex, he can stop you taking your child. And yes, Scotland is outwith the jurisdiction of England and Wales, though we share the Supreme Court.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in