Talk

Advanced search

Does it ever stop hurting?

(3 Posts)
glipeglipe Wed 29-Aug-18 22:10:21

Married for 14 years, 4 kids. Good years, bad years.Wife tells me she wants to separate, she doesn't love me anymore.
2 weeks later she's started dating, and being intimate with these guys.
It feels like my soul is burning. I've never felt this kind of pain before.
Does this pain ever go away? I feel like crying every time I think about it.

OP’s posts: |
Clairebear75 Thu 30-Aug-18 17:14:34

I hope so, I can't offer any words to make you feel better as I'm in a bad place myself right now, but you're not alone xx

recluse Thu 30-Aug-18 21:13:34

Yes it does go away.

I petitioned for divorce in 2017 but it was only because things were totally untenable - I still loved my ex. Some of his behaviour was awful though, so I am not sure why confused.

Literally two seconds after he realised the divorce was going to go ahead it seemed, he was with someone else - while we were still living in the same house for several months. Long phone calls very late at night, having showers, going out. It was extremely painful.

In April of this year ex finally moved out, and the whole thing hurts a lot less. It really does. I have no idea if he is still with this person as he will never be honest and straightforward, but it is no longer my problem (can’t vouch for what it will be like if the kids meet her, but will cross that bridge when I come to it), and it feels truly liberating to feel that way.

Not only do I not care (most of the time anyway) that I am no longer with ex (in any case he had shown no interest in me for years), I also don’t care if I never meet anyone again.

I give no shits and it feels great.

So yes ime it does get better grin.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in