Advanced search

Recently separated financially I'm drowning

(6 Posts)
Fedup84 Sun 12-Aug-18 10:17:48

So to cut a long story short husband was arrested last week after physically asulting me again , I didn't press charges as I was winding him up he had denied any wrong doing so been released with no further action and banned from contact with me for 14 days.
I am overdrawn to the hilt , I don't get paid now until 25th kids are on school holidays , he has given me a grand old total of £70 since holidays started , all DC bdays are in holidays too, I have one left to cover , before pay day. I'm sinking , I really really don't know what to do.

OP’s posts: |
Mrsdarcyiwish10 Sun 12-Aug-18 19:46:19

Firstly, there is no excuse for physical violence, whether you wind him up or not, leave him or kick him out cut to domestic violence and press charges the apply to child maintenance for money for the children and see what benefits you are entitled too. I hope the children didn't witness any of it.

Fedup84 Mon 13-Aug-18 06:42:20

No they didn't witness it , I have claimed everything I can now it's just a waiting game

OP’s posts: |
lifebegins50 Mon 13-Aug-18 21:06:35

Is he a reasonable earner? Is he able to support you financiallly and just unwilling? If high earner than a solicitor could apply for interim maintenance which could be above CMS level.

Can you calculate CMS so you know how much you will get?

Try to think of this as a temporary solution and you will be able to rebuild financially.
Maybe try moneysaving website for ideas on reducing costs or increasing earnings.
Any high value items you could sell?

Fedup84 Tue 14-Aug-18 07:50:44

Thank you for your replies , well he is staying with a family member , he isn't on a really well paid job but he does earn more then me . CMS site says I would get 346 a month . He has given me nothing so far , i know this is temporary but it's scaring me now . Spent and hour crying in the car cause I'm terrified I'm going to end up bankrupt.

OP’s posts: |
MissedTheBoatAgain Fri 17-Aug-18 05:56:04


Have you applied to CMS? If not you need to do so ASAP as can take a few weeks for an assessment to be made.

If you are genuinely struggling there is a procedure known as MPS (Maintenance Pending Suit). Apparently they can be arranged at short notice. Idea is that Court can issue an Order for your Partner to give you enough to tide you over until finances are resolved. However, be aware that it will be up to you to prove your case. If unsuccessful the Court may order you to pay any representation costs your partner incurred.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in