Talk

Advanced search

FDR FDA

(7 Posts)
TryingToForgeAnewLife Wed 13-Jun-18 18:51:58

I have tried to google and didn't get very far.

What is FDR and FDA?

Many thanks

feelboring1 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:20:23

First Directions Appointment when the timing and administrative side of what is to follow is decided upon. Eg. we were ordered to get valuations of various properties (because H had put in his own random valuations on his Form E hmm). Basically the parties are ordered to get all the relevant information together, and when it should happen. Sometimes an FDA can be turned into an FDR on the day - if enough of the above mentioned info is there already.

Financial Dispute Resolution - when both parties are hopefully able to come to a resolution without having it imposed upon them by the court - which is what would happen at a final hearing.

feelboring1 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:21:41

The Judge gives his opinion at the FDR, and the parties go away and hash it out, with the help of barristers if they are represented. My FDR lasted 7.5 hours.

TryingToForgeAnewLife Wed 13-Jun-18 19:32:31

Many thanks.

The situation I'm in is that that judge denied our court order as he wanted more information on the financial split.

We are about to send back the info.

If it is denied again, will l then have to go to court for a FDR?

feelboring1 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:41:31

I don’t know the answer to that question. Hopefully a legal bod will be along soon to help.

Though I have heard that parties can be asked to come for a “chat” with the Judge, so that he/she can determine that they are both aware of how the deal might impact them, and that there is no coercion involved.

MrsBertBibby Wed 13-Jun-18 19:52:47

If the judge still won't make the order it is a bit of an impasse. So ultimately the judge should approve.

An FDR in those circumstances is kind of pointless. Because you have already reached agreement.

TryingToForgeAnewLife Wed 13-Jun-18 21:26:47

Thankyou

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: