Talk

Advanced search

Husband has chosen to walk away, trust issues!

(1 Post)
Tillytoes1 Sun 27-May-18 21:41:51

Hi,
We’ve been together for almost 13 years and have three beautiful children together. A few years ago my husband was messaging a colleague, these messages were always followed by a kiss and often exchanged at the weekend, I told him I wasn’t happy because I felt it was becoming too personal and he ended contact with said woman. A week ago I saw that he was friends with his hairdresser on Facebook, I asked why they were friends and he said because they shared similar interest and both of them wanted to show each other their skiing pictures of their children, I said I felt this was a bit personal and again he ended contact with said woman. Well today I noticed how when I sent him messages on his phone, his phone would bleep but their would be no name or message visible as he’d chosen to hide this information, my husband has said because he wants to keep things private and often leaves his phone in the office and didn’t want people to be reading his messages. He has said he has had enough of the lack of trust I have for him and has decided that we can no longer be together. I am an insecure woman and also I witnessed my mum having an affair as a child, so i have always found it difficult to trust people fully. We are both polar opposites, he is an extrovert and I’m an introvert and he has always been outgoing and friendly, which is most likely where the issue may lie. I am disappointed in that he has chosen to walk away so easily, instead of working on our issues but I guess it is not meant to be. I don’t really have anyone to confide in, as my Dad is older and my Mum does have mental health issues so wouldn’t be the right person to talk to and I don’t have many close friends who I could confide in about this matter, so I guess I am quite alone with it all.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in