Advanced search

Looking for advice

(5 Posts)
user1466108618 Sun 13-May-18 15:52:52

My ex and i separated after 16 years and have 4 kids plus we have a joint mortgage.

I now have my own place (council) but my name is still on the mortgage and my ex wants my name off the deeds in exchange said he would pay me £3000 most people i speak too say hes taking the piss.

Am i daft to take the £3000 and run or should i be persuing him for more?

OP’s posts: |
Phillipa12 Sun 13-May-18 20:30:05

Hes taking the piss, speak to a solicitor.

teenagerparent Mon 14-May-18 10:58:44

How much is the house worth, how much mortgage is there left on it? You should be looking at getting at least 50% of the equity in it if its a joint mortgage.
Go see a solicitor, many will give you half hour for free. See where they think you stand.

user1466108618 Mon 14-May-18 12:33:50

Bought house for £115,000 only had it a year and it was a 25 year mortgage

OP’s posts: |
teenagerparent Mon 14-May-18 13:05:16

You need to know what the value of the house now, in some areas it will have gone up and in others it won't. How much deposit was paid? Who paid the deposit? Were you married or not?
You should still be due 50% of equity, but you need to know how much equity there is and then go from there.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in