Talk

Advanced search

How do i find his family?? HELP

(3 Posts)
HHEH Thu 10-May-18 10:30:16

I have name changed for this.

Ok, ill try and keep it short.
Pregnant - due in july.
Me and baby father no longer in contact - hes 2.5hrs away currently. Moves closer to new barracks at end of may. (The NC - is due to be trying very hard to get him to bother and he's stayed away since NOV17, so I sent a message stating the offer is there to be involved but I wont contact until he does. Before this he hadn't spoken to me in a week)
Before the NC - he stated he still wanted a relationship, loved me and would support me and I wouldn't do this alone. Lie.

I want to find his family.
His mum is in Canada, dad In London - new wife and his siblings along with his grandmother. He's not English - Caribbean. Has English passport due to being UK armed forces.
I have his name, surname. DOB, army number, regiment, also have picture of driving license (sounds bad, but when we talked about baby options I had a feeling he might bolt) I was right.
I know where he's going to be at the end of the month
I cant find his family? I have no idea where to start or how to even start..... ancestry? - he wasn't born here though?
Am I wrong to want to find them?
Should I bother.

Please help.
Ive had mixed reviews from friends and family

OP’s posts: |
AgentProvocateur Thu 10-May-18 10:38:03

I wouldn’t. You’re just setting yourself up for more rejection and disappointment. And his mum is in Canada - realistically, what help or support would she offer?

HHEH Thu 10-May-18 10:56:28

@AgentProvocateur

This is it, I feel like I might be angry or upset with the reaction.
But at the same time I want them to know.

I don't expect any support or help tbh, its just purely that his family are aware that they have a new grandson. I just want them to know.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in