Talk

Advanced search

Form E/financial info for mediators

(6 Posts)
PermanentPortakabin Tue 01-May-18 12:05:11

I’m trying to fill in the financial form for mediation, but am stuck.

Property section is fine - our house is in both names, so can fill that and mortgage details etc in ok. There is a second property in H’s name only, and he is including that on his form.

Bank accounts fine - have done all mine.

Stuff like cars - none of the cars are in my name, do I include ‘my’ car on my form, or not? Should this be a list of stuff that is ‘mine’, or should it be as complete a list as possible of everything I can think of?

Do things like personal jewellery count? Do I have to list eg supposed value of engagement/eternity ring? If I do, should that be resale value (you get bugger all for diamonds, they aren’t antique or in any way remarkable, just nice rings) rather than cost/insurance value (much higher, given the ridiculous inflation and control of the market)?

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Tue 01-May-18 21:56:26

You put the realistic sale vale of any possessions. Not insurance or replacement.

I would put 'your' car in.

PermanentPortakabin Wed 02-May-18 09:23:46

Thanks MrsBert.

crimsonlake Wed 02-May-18 10:00:37

I think it asks for you to list any possessions over £500.
Resale value of everything, not bought as new, so I imagine there would not be much.

PermanentPortakabin Wed 02-May-18 10:52:19

Yes, thanks crimson. Everything over £500, and so not much, if going on resale.

Xenia Wed 02-May-18 11:54:57

We didn't do one in my divorce but does it not say property you own? So a car owned in the name of the husband or a property in his name would go on his form not yours? If instead it is list of what both of you won then put everything down.

In relation to jewellery just put what you think it is worth as people say above. Eg I never had anything worth much at all. In fact I recently gave all mine to the charity shop it was worth so little!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in