Advanced search

'leaving' my husband, advice needed re: renting

(4 Posts)
Tutuye Fri 09-Mar-18 03:17:13


I still love my husband but for complicated reasons i can no longer live where we do now and he won't be coming with me. I have a low paid job + a little extra declared self employment on the side and think i can just about manage to rent a home. I'm wondering if i would be entitled to any financial help as i will have our daughter and husband can contribute virtually nothing to her upbringing atm? I dont want to officially divorce, im thinking i'll have to in order to count as a single mum?

I havent rented my own place for 11yrs so this all feels a bit traumatic be gentle with me!

OP’s posts: |
carriewintermeadow Fri 09-Mar-18 03:23:31

I don't think you have to be divorced to be counted as a single mum. As long as you're living separately. You should be entitled to working tax credit and maybe housing benefit, depending what you earn. Go to entitledto to check what you can get - or turntous I think is another site to check benefits

Wannabecitygirl Fri 09-Mar-18 03:23:49

I am in a similar position to you. I had to ask my husband to leave last month and Have two children. There’s a benefit calculator online which showed I was entitled to income support as I am a low earned. Have a google.

Tutuye Fri 09-Mar-18 04:22:15


OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in