Advanced search

I need a lot of advice...

(6 Posts)
havannah80 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:01:30

Okay so...

Me and DD father have split up, due to a horrible relationship. He is not supporting me financially now and I will not be able to pay my landlord at the end of this month as I'm only on SMP... how do I bring this up with her I feel so guilty? I obviously expect to be given my section 21 but will I then be able to get help from elsewhere? I have applied for UC but will not receive this in time to be able to pay landlord.

Also we seem to not be able to agree on contact with DD, I am nervous to let him have her on his own but he is very adamant that he has rights has threatened to call the police and said that he will just come and take her. Any advice there?

I feel like he wants to get back with me but I am a lot happier with him gone and not having the constant arguing and disrespect from him calling me names and blaming me for everything and anything. We do have good days where I could see us getting back together but then it just goes back how it was.

IM SOOOOO TIRED OF ALL OF THIS - does it get any easier? 😔😔

OP’s posts: |
Phillipa12 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:53:33

How old is your dd? He also has a legal obligation to provide financially for his dd so i would get straight on to the cms for that. As for the rent the sooner you speak to your landlord the better, see if you can sort out a payment plan.

havannah80 Tue 20-Feb-18 18:00:26

DD is 5 months old x

OP’s posts: |
BeachyUmbrella Tue 20-Feb-18 19:52:40

Did you move out or did he? Whose name was on the tenancy agreement?

havannah80 Tue 20-Feb-18 20:45:16

He moved out and it's my name on tenancy

OP’s posts: |
bluecashmere Tue 20-Feb-18 20:55:09

He does legally have a right to contact. That wouldn't necessarily mean overnight contact at her age, but the courts would grant him unsupervised contact unless there were serious safeguarding issues.

He can call the police all he likes but they can't help him. If he turns up and tries to remove your DD against your wishes, you can call the police. He can't just come and take her.

How reasonable will he be? You'll need to go to mediation or to court to organise contact unless you can come to an arrangement. Leave it to him to initiate this to show how serious he is, but if you are seen as being obstructive and preventing contact the courts won't like that.

At 5 months, I would suggest you start with visits of a few hours to begin with, increasing as you feel more confident in him.

He has to pay towards your child. He doesn't get to decide about that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in