Talk

Advanced search

Lonely without my children

(3 Posts)
Vanillarose Mon 12-Feb-18 17:53:16

Hi all,

Sitting in my house eating dinner all alone and hoping for a hand hold. I told my husband I wanted to separate in November after being unhappy for many years. He hasn't really accepted it and has been devastated ever since, while living in the same house. He's taken the children to stay with one of his friend's for the next week and I'm really struggling without them. I was fine all day but it feels harder now it's getting dark.

Does it get easier? And, as I asked for the separation, have I brought this on myself? I ask myself whether I should have carried on pretending until the children had left home...it was only me that was unhappy.

Pleasebeafleabite Mon 12-Feb-18 18:40:03

Here for a handhold Vanilla flowers

I separated in October and have found it hard to be alone in the house even though it's what I wanted. My DS is coming into teenage years and is always out which I hadn't factored in at all. It's hard adjusting to an empty house.

What have you got planned for your evening?

Vanillarose Mon 12-Feb-18 20:00:29

I'm going to call a friend in a bit. I've already got my pyjamas on and I'll probably have an early night for this first one.

My children are very young (5 and 3) and it was like a dagger when they called me to tell me they miss me.

It's a bit of a case of - be careful what you wish for right now. But I'm hoping the feeling will pass and by this time next year we'll have a new normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now