Talk

Advanced search

Interim Maintenance

(4 Posts)
RockPaperCut Mon 12-Feb-18 17:04:58

High earning, STBX has conveniently lost his job. 🙄 This is after demanding shared care at the last CAO hearing where he was told by the judge that, he had to have a clear proposal for dc care prior to it being granted. Low and behold he looses his job, before judgement has been heard.

Anyway, I’m on a low income and the maintenance he pays is a big chunk of my income atm. Dd is in private school, we’d need to give a terms notice before we can move her. Gahhh....He’ll most likely be looking to stop paying it completely which will pretty much cripple me financially.

Anyone know what happens in this instance?

Towelonthedoor Thu 15-Feb-18 13:12:55

This is what worries me. If I do decide to end it, I can imagine him doing this.

EllenJanethickerknickers Thu 15-Feb-18 13:19:12

Wanker if has really given up his job. I'm sorry for your DD with all the other upheaval in her life but you might be wise to look at alternative schooling in the state system. It's not always that easy to get a place mid year in popular schools. sad

RockPaperCut Sat 17-Feb-18 17:08:49

Well this is the issue, I had wanted to move her last summer. He wouldn’t consent to moving her, hence why we were going through court. He signed up DD2, and she is done to start in September. Not sure how this is going to all play out now given that it’s completely unaffordable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now