Talk

Advanced search

Are me and my partner going to last?

(8 Posts)
Mummyanne Thu 08-Feb-18 04:07:40

Me and my partner have been together 2 and bit years, had a baby very fast. We’re only young and live sepreatly at the moment we did live together but after losing our house he went back to his parents and they wouldn’t let me stay so I live on my own with our daughter quite a bit away and don’t drive. He drives but tells me I’m take the p..s when I ask for lifts to his house. He moans about me being different( I’ve put on a lot weight since baby and have extreme anxiety and depression) he doesn’t want to communicate or spend time because apparently it’s always boring and negative and I feel like I’m the only one making an effort I want to turn my life around but need his support but he expects me to just get on with it. Not sure where to go from here.

LolitaLempicka Thu 08-Feb-18 04:12:46

Do you even want it to? He sounds like a dick. What does he actually do for you? You are a strong independent woman, you don’t need him bringing you down.

MrsBertBibby Thu 08-Feb-18 08:18:53

You may find you're a lot less anxious when you don't have him negging you all the time. What a nasty little boy you landed there.

Mummyanne Thu 08-Feb-18 10:50:55

I mean he is supportive sometimes he does often give me lifts and pays child maintence and when I see him he is loving he’s not all bad

Namethecat Thu 08-Feb-18 10:53:38

Tbh it sounds like he has already broke up with you. He definitely isn't emotionally attached. Perhaps it's time to suggest he only comes to your house for contact with his child.

Mummyanne Thu 08-Feb-18 12:26:18

@Namethecat @MrsBertBibby @LolitaLempicka
Don't want to sound like I'm sticking up for him but when we are together he is still loving towards me and says that I'm beautiful because he loves me and is worried about my health but still I feel I am making the effort

Lucymek Thu 08-Feb-18 12:27:29

Are you very over weight. If not he has no reason to worry about your health that's odd.

Lovelyivy Sat 10-Feb-18 21:19:12

Looks like you are already doing it without him anyway. Does he make you happy ? Sounds like he is just giving you more reasons for depression and anxiety. If he doesn't make you happy there is someone out there who will in the future ;) don't waste your time with him smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now